DVD Your Memories can help you to consolidate and transfer your MiniDVDs to standard, regular sized DVDs right here in Denver. Sometimes it is much easier to combine several MiniDVDs to a single standard disc. Ask us for details!
Standard Videotape Format Pricing
VHS, VHS-C, Hi8, 8mm, Video8, Digital8, MiniDV, MicroMV, MiniDVD
|Transfer to DVD||Transfer to Hard Drive||Transfer to Hard Drive + DVD|
|Pricing (per tape)*||$19.99||$29.99||$39.99|
|*Above pricing applies to video tapes up to 2 hours, tapes exceeding that time are $10 per each additional 2 hours.|
- All video to DVD transfers are recorded onto our Taiyo Yuden 100 year archival DVDs. Extra DVD copies are available for just $10 each, and Blu-ray copies just $20 each.
- For video tapes less than 10 minutes in length, transfer cost to DVD is only $14.99.
- For information and pricing for hard drives, please visit the Hard Drive Information page.
- Tape Repair Service is only $30 per tape. Re-splicing the tape and replacing the cassette shell when necessary are included in this service. Repaired tapes must go through our tape transfer service after the repair has finished. Visit our Video Tape Repair page for more information. Got a simple fix? Check out our Video Tape Repair Guide.
- Looking to get multiple video formats, or convert your existing video to a new format? Check out our video format conversion pricing page.
Sharing your memories with others? We provide extra CD/DVD copies packaged and ready for only $10 each, and Blu-ray copies for $20 each.
$10 per CD/DVD
$20 per Blu-ray disc
Upgrade to Blu-ray
Upgrade to Blu-ray and experience the future of family media! For more information about transferring your video tapes to Blu-ray, please visit our Blu-ray transfer page.
Edit Your Old Home Movies!
Do your old home videos have footage you would like to take out? Or maybe you want to make a highlight video of your daughter's dance performances? Work with one of our professional editors one-on-one to make the perfect custom movie. It's quick and less expensive than you think!$40 per half hour
Tape Repair Service
Tape Repair Service is only $30 per tape. Re-splicing the tape and replacing the cassette shell when necessary are included in this service. Repaired tapes must go through our tape transfer service after the repair has finished. Got a simple fix? Check out our Video Tape Repair Guide.$30 per tape
MiniDVD Video Transfer
MiniDVDs were released as primarily a consumer recording format that was smaller form than traditional DVDs. Due to the smaller size of MiniDVD discs, they also could not hold as much data as their larger counterparts, which meant for less recording time. Traditional DVDs are 12cm in diameter, while the MiniDVDs are 8cm diameter. MiniDVDs are also often called “3-inch” DVDs due to their approximate 3 inch diameter. Because of the small size, most MiniDVD discs have a maximum recording time of 30 minutes per side. A MiniDVD can be played back in most DVD players that are tray loaded. The trays on players and DVD drives have an inner ring where the 8 cm disc is centered for loading in the player. Most slot loading players cannot use this format; there are exceptions, however, such as the PlayStation 3 and the Wii. Both officially support 8 cm discs.
Combining Multiple Tapes to DVD
When bringing us multiple tapes, you also have the option of combining your MiniDVD discs onto one or multiple archival DVDs, at no extra cost. Combining several shorter discs onto one DVD will save you the hassle of having several short-duration DVDs laying around. This can also be useful for combining multiple discs of similar subject manner, such as transferring all of your children’s birthday party videos onto a birthday DVD compilation.
At DVD Your Memories, we use only the highest quality 100-year archival DVDs for transferring your precious MiniDVD to DVD. We are so confident that our video to DVDs will work for you that we offer compatibility guarantee on all of our video conversion transfers! Never again worry about your old DVD player, or a disc read error! All of our discs are guaranteed to work for your television and your home DVD player.
Transferring to Hard Drive Option
Transferring your MiniDVD discs to an external hard drive is recommended if you are going to edit your footage. The file type is NTSC DV AVI, the most standard format across all video editing platforms. Hard drives can be PC or Mac formatted and the file format is AVI DV with each hour of video taking up 13 gigabytes.
If you are going to purchase a hard drive through DVD Your Memories, we will recommend a certain size based on the total length of your video transfer footage. If you are going to bring in a drive, please understand the space requirements and plan accordingly. Also we recommend bringing in a new drive, but if you would like to bring in a drive that has data on, we will ask that you sign a data-loss waiver. We’ve never lost data on a hard drive, but the possibility always exists.
With every order, we will crop out any blank footage found at the beginning and end of your tapes. We also provide additional basic editing services available to all of our video to DVD transfer services. Add an extra touch to your finished DVD by taking advantage of some simple basic edits.
- With basic editing you can crop out as much unwanted footage from your tapes as you wish. This is especially helpful if you have long running tapes with only a few sections you’d like transferred. With basic editing you can crop out all of the unwanted material, which leaves you with only the stuff you want on your final DVD.
- If you have several tapes with short clips on each, you can now combine all of the clips you need onto one DVD movie. Our editing service will allow you to pull any amount of footage from your tapes and consolidate them onto a DVD for easy viewing.
- Remove commercials from your recorded television programs. Remove those annoying old commerical breaks from your video tapes, and watch your old programs seamlessly on your new DVD. This is great for special television specials such as sports entertainment, politics, and news footage.
- Have you ever wanted to combine your tapes with other media? We can actually take your video tapes and combine them with photos, slides, negatives, and film to give a much more professional look to your DVD.
Editing From DVDs?
Many customers ask us if they can edit the video footage if we make them DVD movies. The simple answer is no. The complete answer is yes, almost anything is possible if you are an advanced computer user, but for many reasons it is not advisable to do so. The main reason is that you would be working with highly compressed video.
If you transfer the data from the DVD to the computer for editing, the quality is not the same as that of the originally uncompressed video used to create the DVD. It also takes a lot of processing power to edit the compressed video, and although you can fix this problem by converting it to a less compressed video format (such as AVI), you will still see a quality loss. Also when you re-render that video that has previously been on a DVD it will recompress again and you will notice more than a little loss of detail.
From the Blog
Best Way to Ship Videotapes & Vinyl Records
When shipping important media like video tapes and vinyl records, it is vital that you pack them safely and securely. The last thing you want is to break or otherwise … Continue reading
Transfer Videos From Your iPad to Your Computer
If there’s one thing that’s certain, it’s that mobile technology is increasing at an incredibly fast rate, now to the point where we can shoot HD video from our smartphones … Continue reading
Do You Own Any Rare Blu-ray or DVDs? You Could Be Rich!
Most people don’t think of buying a DVD as an investment, but like any other collectible item there is potential for them to increase in price over time. Sometimes, even … Continue reading
Difference Between an Edit-Ready AVI file and a Web-Ready MPEG File
When transferring videotapes as a digital files to a hard drive, you have flexibility in choosing the video format that best suits your needs. Depending on what you need the … Continue reading
DVD Your Memories provides local MiniDVD to DVD services for these and other nearby Denver areas:
Denver, Aurora, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Greenwood Village, Glendale, Littleton, Thornton,Lakewood,Sheridan, Cherry hills Village, Englewood, Lone Tree, Wheatridge, Arvada, Westminster, Parker, Golden, Northglenn, Castle Rock
80303, 80305, 80027, 80026, 80020, 80614, 80602, 80614, 80601, 80603, 80020, 80640, 80603, 80022, 80007, 80021, 80031, 80030, 80003, 80004, 80403, 80002, 80111, 80110, 80113